Monday, September 19, 2011

Event 20: Already a Winner

$3300 + $200 WPT Borgata Poker Open Championship NLH

 Lucky Kevin Walsh

Kevin Walsh (Centereach, NY) is the Borgata on-line contest winner who almost blew a chance to play in the Championship Event.  "I was shocked," the winner says about getting the email, "and then thought I missed it."

Walsh was having problems with his email account and stopped checking his inbox for several days until Sunday morning when he got the good news, two days after he was announced as the winner.  "My wife was saying I had to hurry up and go (to Borgata)," he says after reading the email on Day  1A. "But once I found out I could play today (Day 1B), I was relieved."

Walsh plays poker occasionally and when he comes to Borgata from Long Island he plays daily tournaments, sit-and-gos, and cash games.  As a supervisor for Cablevision he has the flexibility to take the day off.

"My boss knows I'm here," he says while hovering around the the 30k starting stack. "I'm keeping him posted and hoping to call out the rest of the week."

Walsh and the 1,300 players with an eye on the WPT Borgata Championship Event title need to clear their calendars through Friday when the final table gets underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment