Friday, September 23, 2011

2nd Place - Jin Hwang

$3300 + $200 WPT Borgata Poker Open Championship NLH

Jin Hwang - 2nd Place - $554,303

Life changing money for Jin Hwang (Gambrills, MD) who just took 2nd Place in the 2011 Borgata Poker Open Championship. Originally from South Korea, Jin battled his way up the leader board after sitting in 27th place when 27 players remained.

2nd place for Hwang who was done in by the Jack of spades.
In two consecutive hands a jack of spades on the turn was the card his opponent needed and the reason he lost back to back pots, along with the tournament.

"I'm so proud of myself, I think I did my best," said Hwang, "I'm completely satisfied and happy with my play and ready to go on to the next tournament."

Jin seemed more upset with the second to the last hand then the final hand.

He was steaming after his A-Q fell to Bobby Oboodi's A-J, perhaps regretting why he didn't bet more on the flop.

Hwang's run to the final table got a huge boost with 11 players remaining when he survived an all in with pocket jacks against the pocket queens of Will Failla. Hwang flopped a set and turned quads to double-up and cripple Failla in the process.

"That was the biggest turning point and that's when I thought I could do it," Hwang said about making the final table. "My only concern was getting a room. I had already checked out because I didn't think I'd still be here."

Great tournament and congratulations again to Jin Hwang who just fell short of first place but still takes home $554,303 for his second place finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment